Schnitz Racing Supporting Top Gas Racers
NHDRO is proud to announce Schnitz Racing as the 2021 Top Gas class sponsor.
Top Gas is a staple sportsman class to watch for competitive action. Once a big tire wheelie bar only class, it has evolved. With production street bikes capable of high-horsepower off the showroom floor, the class is no longer a bar bike only class. Street bikes that can run the 8.20 index are now competing against these custom-built bar bikes and winning. In 2017 Jeremy Teasley won the championship on his Hayabusa outfitted with just bolt-on aftermarket parts.
“This class embodies what the industry loves,” says Dave Schnitz. “With the entire class on the same index, you get the starting line rush of both bikes leaving the line together and the thrill of trying to edge out your competitor at the finish line without “breaking out”. It’s a great way for newer racers to transition from an ET class to index class.”
Visit Schnitz Racing online at SchnitzRacing.com for product information and on Facebook or Instagram for all their latest news. You will also find their products at all the NHDRO events under the BB Racing Canopy on the midway.
2021 Drag Racing Schedule
- May 14-16 / National Trail Raceway / Newark, OH
- June 11-13 / US 131 Motorsports Park / Martin, MI
- July 30 – Aug 1 / Lucas Oil Raceway / Indianapolis, IN
- Aug 27-29 / US 131 Motorsports Park / Martin, MI
- Sept 17–19 / Summit Motorsports Park / Norwalk, OH
- Oct 1-2 / Ohio Valley Dragway / Louisville, KY (no points)